- What is it that you feel is missing from your life right now? List as many or as few items as you like.
I don’t think much of anything is missing from my life. I have all I need and my family is happy and healthy. I do sincerely hope for grandchildren one day but acknowledge that it is not my children’s responsibility or duty to have children. I would like to travel more and hope it will be possible in the next few years.
- Is there something that you had in the past that you wish you still had?
I sometimes wish I had the blind confidence I had in my 20’s but I wouldn’t go back there for it. Beyond that, I wish I had my health back before cancer and diabetes. It is true that you take your health for granted until it’s gone.
- Do you feel like you are simply destined not to have some of the things you may want out of life? Where did this belief come from?
No, I still believe that anything is possible. There’s really not much I want in life that I don’t already have. I would love more travel and I think that’s entirely possible in the future.
- Is there a time in your past that you “realized” it just might not be in the cards?
I realized in 2019 that the doctorate wasn’t in the cards at that time, in that way. I qualify it that way because I’m still not 100% convinced I won’t achieve it one day. I surrendered at that time though and it was definitely the right thing to do.
- Can you think of anyone you know that has the thing that is missing from your life? What did he or she do differently than what you’re doing right now?
I purposefully and intentionally do not look to others for comparison. What other people have is not my business. I’m more likely to be aware and concerned with those that don’t have the material things I’ve been blessed with. Living is a world of envy and coveting is not a positive place.