- Recall a time in your life when you made a fresh start. How did your life change?
There have been a lot of “transitions,” but I’m not sure there’s ever been a complete fresh start. While some things change, many others remain the same. I’ve been married for nearly 30 years. I’ve lived in the same house for 22 years. I have started new jobs though, gotten more education/degrees. One big transition was going from working fairly close to home to working in Atlanta and taking on a big commute. Another big transition is stopping that commute and basically never leaving home.
- Tell the story of a time that you tried something new.
I try new things a lot. In fact, I like to try new things. My shower is lined with all kinds of shampoo and soap, although I doubt this is the level of risk this question is trying to get at. I think I like stability (living in the same house) while still embracing change. I don’t get attached to “stuff”. I like trying new food.
- Do you feel like trying new things is harder for you than most people? If so, why do you think that is?
Not at all.
- Do you have a favorite hobby or activity? What made you get started?
I’ve recently learned my favorite hobby is being busy. I need to work on that. I enjoy reading and have recently found a love of laying in my hammock. I’m setting goals and being intentional about figuring out what is best for me.
- Can you think of a time when something bad (such as a breakup, tragedy, or job loss) ended up being the catalyst for a beautiful new beginning? Write about it.
Oh boy can I. I’m not sure I want to talk about much of that here, but I can certainly reflect on it. One big change time for me was having and recovering from cancer. It definitely gave me a different perspective. Now, 15 full years later, I see those changes were both good and bad. I learned and changed and even now still feel the effects of that time. I can say the same about relationships.
- Have you ever read a book, watched a movie, or had a conversation that sparked something in you that changed your life forever? Tell the story.
I read a lovely book about elephants that had a huge impact on me. I know that sounds silly and honestly I can’t even remember the book’s name now, but it really made me think. I came to love elephants – everything about them. I should do a post alone on this. I’ve since begun collecting little elephants and have a tattoo on my thigh. Again, this is a great thinking point for a future deep dive. I love this!